Stars
Current

dailyvideo

Society Kaam Se Gayi is because of Madhur

Even as LAMHAA was inching towards the finishing mark, film maker Rahul Dholakia had begun work on his next film SOCIETY. Now that LAMHAA has come and gone, Rahul has further brought changes to his satire. Instead of SOCIETY, the film would now be called SOCIETY KAAM SE GAYI and the reason behind this change is none other than Madhur Bhandarkar.

Rahul gives out a hearty laugh here, "You know whenever I spoke about SOCIETY, people used to ask me if this was a serious film. I can't blame them because I have made two back to back issue based films - PARZANIA and now LAMHAA. Naturally, people felt that I was making a trilogy of sorts. Also, many felt that as a title, SOCIETY sounded like the name of a Madhur Bhandarkar. Obviously since my film has a different subject, theme and texture to it, I felt it was best to rename the film before it gets slotted in a particular genre."

Starring veteran actors like Dimple Kapadia, Sarika, Paresh Rawal and Om Puri, SOCIETY KAAM SE GAYI is almost ready and looking for a release before end of year.

"It was a relief to make this film because I wanted to do something which was light and stress free," smiles Rahul who had to go through quite some ordeal in the process of making LAMHAA, "I was fortunate to get these actors who are my friends and also great actors. The film is currently in its last stages of making and we should be ready with plans for release soon."

Posted by Agency on 10:27 PM. Filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Society Kaam Se Gayi is because of Madhur

Leave comment

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery

Featured